Tuesday, May 20, 2014

05_20_14: 2 Years After the Master

Two years ago I finished my MFA at the University of Utah in the EAE program.  Since that time, I've had an opportunity to work on some pretty cool projects.  These projects very from curriculum development, consulting, making games, pre-production work, CG and visualization for public art.

At Neumont University I wrote the curriculum for Game Art I & II and taught that class along with Game Design I & II.  At the University of Utah I wrote the curriculum and continue to teach the following: Hard Surface Modeling, Texturing for 3D, Art in the Unreal Engine, Environmental Art for Games, Digital Figure Sculpting and 3D Modeling.

Being part of the EAE faculty has given me a chance to consult on some pretty successful student games.  The Reveal and Cyber Heist.  The Reveal won an award from Montreal Student Game Lab Competition and Cyber Heist was a Student Showcase Finalist at the IGF Student Competition.

Over the last two years I've worked on small indie projects, game pitches for private companies, mobile games and AAA titles.  This includes working with Broken Compass Studios, the creators of Catball Eats All and Disney / Avalanche where I was an architect on the Toy Box team for Disney Infinity and Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition.

Here are some other things I've done outside of games...  Mostly visualization for public art.  Having 3D renders for a public art submission helps the committee see the intent of the artist.


3D render for mobile game pitch


CG intro asset for medical education game/ app



Visualization for public art commission: Las Vegas, project secured!


Helped designed the underlying endoskeleton  


Left: 3D render, Right: Installed sculpture


Visualization for public art commission:  LA Metro


More visualization for LA Metro.  Proposal finalist!


Visualization for public art commission.  Site not specified