Monday, January 31, 2011

01_25_11 - 01_31_11

Alright, its time for the first update on the EAE capstone project.  There are two projects that are going on, and I am part of Team Fear, working on a game called Forever Hunted (Working title).  My role on the team is Art Director, and  I'm over all things art related.  I'm working with 2 other talented artist named Greg and Jon.  This is going to be a great group because each of us work well together, and each will be focusing their talents on different area of the game.  I'll be working on environment, Greg will be creating and texturing creatures to chase you in the maze, and Jon will be rigging and animating those monsters.

This week, I made a basic maze to give the design lead Matt and the program lead Dave. That way, Dave can program AI for bots (aka monsters).  And Matt can figure out how he whats the levels to play.  This will give the team a chance to get early play testing, so we can reiterate on that.  Here are a few pics. of that simple maze.  Now, I can focus my effort into concept art and laying out a visual language that the art team can draw inspiration from.  The teams member are:

Producer or Project Manger: Sean
Design Lead: Matt
Art Director: Ryan (me)
Technical Director: Dave
Audio Director: Chris
3D Artist: Greg
Animator: Jon
Senor Programmer: Robert (Robert is older then Jamie)
Programmer and Reality TV Star: Jamie