Tuesday, February 22, 2011

02_15_11 - 02_22_11

This week I flushed out the rest of the environment for the game.  During one of the brainstorm sessions with the design team, we came up with a dozen or so possible location for the game to take place in.  However, some of those never even made it to the concept phase--  because they didn't mesh well with maze like level design.  Before I started conceptualizing out ideas I had one main design rule:

"The environments needed to be able to be maze like while remaining believable."


The game will feature two main environments, sewers and facility type structures.  Here is the concept that I did this week to showcase the facility.  I will continue to do ruff concepts as needed.  These three concepts depict the mood that we are striving to achieve on the art side.  Time to start building.